Anti-freeze Cryoprotectant Solution (DEPC-treated) for Fixed Sections
Laboratory Use Only
1) 125 ml per unit (Catalog No.: 006805-125); Price: $68.00/each
2) 250 ml per unit (Catalog No.: 006805-250); Price: $114.00/each
- Grade: Molecular Biology
- Contents: Ethylene glycol and Glycerol in DEPC-treated phosphate buffer
- Not hazardous product
Ethylene glycol based cryoprotectant solution prepared in 0.1% DEPC-treated phosphate buffer (PB, pH 7.4). This formula is specifically designed for brain sections that will be subjected to in situ hybridization and fluorescence in situ hybridization (ISH and FISH), as well as immunohistochemistry (IHC). It is ideal for long-term storage of aldehyde-fixed and free-floating brain sections including spinal cord. Transfer 4% PFA-fixed and unstained sections to the DEPC-treated cryoprotectant and store at -20°C for at least 1 year, which produces no adverse effects on tissue morphology and most of antigens and mRNAs.
Preservation of mRNA (A, B), fluorescent protein (C), and antigen epitope (D) in brain tissues that are stored in anti-freeze Cryoprotectant (Cat # 006805) for 1 to 2 years.
(A, B) GAD mRNA was well preserved on sections that are stored in the cryoprotectant for 1 year and later processed for in situhybridization (ISH) using DIG-labelled riboprobe. (C) Example of tdTomato-expressing cells on section stored in the cryoprotectant for 2 years. The section (20 micron) was mounted on gelatin coated slide and no amplification process applied. Note the signal intensity and its clarity are well preserved. (D) A section harvested from 4% PFA perfused mouse brain was stored in the cryoprotectant for 2 years (-20°C), and then subjected to Fos immunohistochemistry.
- Cryopreservation of brain and spinal cord sections, ready-to-use
- High-purity ethylene glycol (30%) and glycerol (20%) in 0.02 M PB at pH 7.4
- 1% DEPC-treated; No DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide), no sucrose, and no formaldehyde
- Optimized for in situ hybridization and fluorescence in situ hybridization on brain sections
- HDPE bottle (temperature -100°C to 120°C)
- For Research Use Only
Instructions for Use:
- Fixed tissue block can be sectioned at 10-40 μm thickness using a cryostat.
- The sections can be
(a) first collected in DEPC-treated 2× SSC (pH 7.0), such as Bioenno 2× SSC (Cat # 006829), and then transfer to the cryoprotectant; or
(b) directly collected in the cryoprotectant.
- Seal or cove tightly the cryoprotectant with sections, and store at -20°C.
Shipping, Storage, Safety, and Handling Precautions:
- Shipped at room temperature.
- Store the solution at -20°C to 25°C and avoid strong direct light. The shelf life at 25°C is one year.
- The solution is designed for in vitro research use only and not for drug, diagnostic or other uses.
- The solution contains reagents that may be harmful in contact with skin, by inhalation or ingestion. Do not pipette by mouth. Use ordinary precautions to avoid inhalation and contact with skin and eyes. In case of contact, wash immediately with generous amounts of water and seek medical advice. If swallowed, wash out mouth with water and immediately call a physician.
- Perform experiment under a chemical hood. Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection. Wash hands thoroughly after performing the experiment.
- Material safety data sheet (MSDS) is available upon request.
Warranty: 12 months from the date of purchase.
Return Policy: Bioenno Tech’s return policy for this product is 90 days from the date of purchase.
Free Technical Support: Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
brain tissue, dendrite, dendritic spine, GFP, gfp, golgi cox, golgi impregnation, golgi stain, golgi’s method, impregnation, rapid golgi, spine, staining, super golgi, supergolgi, synapse